NthDegree will offer subsidy-free, grid-competitive solar energy solutions. Leveraging NthDegree’s printed semiconductor technology, we are developing a new thin-film photovoltaic device made of spherical silicon. Competitive in efficiency to conventional solar panels, Nth’s technology will have the added advantage of collecting diffuse light at normal incidence, eliminating the need for costly light tracking systems. Our lightweight and flexible design will allow efficient rooftop installation resulting in a reduced balance of system cost.
NthDegree’s photovoltaic (PV) panels will be manufactured using our patented atmospheric roll-to-roll process. Conventional solar panel manufacturing facilities require substantial capital investment and ongoing manufacturing expenditures. A breakthrough in the PV industry, Nth’s manufacturing process will require no expensive vacuum tools. As a result, our total manufacturing cost per Watt of energy produced is anticipated to be six times less expensive than conventional solar panels being sold today.
Nth’s combined lower manufacturing, module, and installation costs will result in a clean energy resource that has a total levelized cost of electricity competitive with utility power today.
- Silicon solar cell efficiencies
- Spherical diodes are self-tracking
- Operates efficiently in poor lighting conditions
- Straight forward, low cost manufacturing featuring atmospheric fab-less processing
- Lightweight, easy and inexpensive to install
- Cost-competitive with utility base load power
- Pollution-free during use
- Benign end-of-life wastes
- Portable –your investment moves with you
- Extremely low capital investment to build and operate a turnkey 60 MW/yr manufacturing plant